Indian head massage has been practised in India and Asia for over 5000 years. Mothers will regularly massage their babies, and believe the best way to comfort a baby is to touch and stroke, comforting them in times of distress.
Indian head massage works on the scalp, face, neck, ears, arms, upper back and shoulders.
Indian head Massage enhances circulation and aids all of our systems to restore, assisting our bodies in self healing helping us to get rid of unwanted toxins within our body and mind, helping us physically and mentally, naturally letting us unwind and relax in a world where we don't stop thinking, worrying, looking at computer screens and feeling so much tension in those shoulders.
Indian head massage is great if you are:
* Struggling to get to sleep at night or suffering from insomnia.
* Sat in an office all day spending a lot of time on the computer causing strain to the eyes/head and shoulders.
* constantly lifting putting a strain on your neck and shoulders.
* Feeling stressed, fatigued or anxious.
* Taking on others problems, causing burdened shoulders.
* Think to much, unable to close down and relax.
* Just in need of some relaxation!
* Relaxes the nervous system and eliminates the fatigue caused by mental stress and strain.
* An effective device for aiding sleep.
* improves blood circulation and lymph flow.
*Helps to get rid of toxins within our body.
* Increases vitality and builds up immune system.
* Is great for the hair! stimulating the follicles and encourages hair growth.
I perform Indian head massage from my home in Exeter, I can also come to you or your workplace during lunch breaks or at staff meeting (Please contact me for further details)
You can have oils (recommended) with an Indian head massage or dry, depending on your preference. You will be fully clothed although I do advice the ladies to wear a string vest or bandeau top to get the best benefit.
I do my Indian head massages slightly differently, lying down comfortably on my massage couch, as is a much more comfortable and secure for your head. People also love to add this treatment onto a reiki session, giving complete relaxation.
I have split Indian head massage into 3 sections, and each lasts 10 minutes so you can mix and match or have the whole treatment. Great if you are on your lunch break or need to rush to be somewhere!
The 3 sections are :
* Head and Ears
* Arms and Hands
Please note I do not do the back, neck and shoulder areas.
A session of Indian head massage can make you feel relaxed and re vitalised, You should have a restful nights sleep after a session. As Indian head massage works on getting rid of toxins you can occasionally feel dizzy, tired, and ache like you have been to the gym! This is nothing to worry about, and shows that it is working. Another side effect can be peeing, sneezing or crying, again this is nothing to worry about, its just your body helping you to release whatever is needed!
Before booking a session of Indian head, please be aware of some contra-indications, This is not an extensive list, nor does it mean you definitely can not have a treatment. You will have a consultation with me prior to treatment (Please contact me to ask any more questions or if you are concerned)
* Recent High temperature, fever, swelling.
* Recent injury to head, shoulder or neck
* Severe circulatory disorder or heart condition
* recent stroke or thrombosis, or have very high or low blood pressure
* Skin infections or acute infectious diseases
* Severe allergies or migraines
* Osteoporosis, epilepsy, Cancer
* In your first trimester if pregnant
A full treatment of Indian head massage, including back, shoulders, neck, ears, head, face, arms and hands. Or mix and match the 4 different sections, great if you are in a hurry or would like me to come to your place of work to treat employees or clients. Please message me for dates and times.
I can not treat you if you are currently being treated by anyone else for a condition. Indian head massage is not a substitute for professional, medical care and treatment. You must always consult your doctor for advice about any serious condition. All data and information given by you will be kept safe and completely private.